CV Erik Gregow
Title Research Scientist
Postal address Finnish Meteorological Institute (FMI), Meteorological Research, P.O.Box 503, FI-00101 Helsinki
Street address Finnish Meteorological Institute (FMI) Erik Palmenin aukio 1, 00560 Helsinki
Phone number +358 50 3207859
Fax +358 29 539 2303
Fields of expertise
- NWP-nowcast model: Harmonie, MetCoOP
- Meso-scale modeling; LAPS- and MM5/WRF-model
- Precipitation; precipitation accumulation
- Wind energy; wind power estimation in cold climate (icing), wind atlas
- Harmonie-Nowcast model within the framwork of MetCoOP; Setup and developments of operational short-term forecasts, for the Finland-Sweden-Norway area.
- LAPS (Local Analysis and Prediction System) - model; High resolution analysis and forecast of areas such as bigger cities and their environments. Current developments: a) improved precipitation analysis, and b) wind power estimations in icing conditions.
- MM5 (Meso-scale Model 5) - model; Meso-scale modeling of areas with complex terrain (coastlines, mountainous areas, valleys, cities etc.). MM5 is used within wind power estimations and to build up of wind atlases.
University and other degrees
- Doctor of Philosophy (PhD), Meteorology degree, Helsinki University 2018
- Master of Science (MSc), Meteorology degree, Uppsala University 2000
List of publications