Finnish Meteorological Institute's Ukkosvahti application privacy notice
General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679
1. Controller Finnish Meteorological Institute PO Box 503, Erik Palménin aukio 1, FI-00101 Helsinki, Finland tel. +358 29 539 2141, kirjaamo(at)fmi.fi 2. Register contact person Teemu Sirviö tel. +358 29 539 6017, teemu.sirvio(at)fmi.fi
3. Data Protection Officer Jaana Palmunoksa tel. +358 29 539 2310, jaana.palmunoksa(at)fmi.fi
4. Name of the register Finnish Meteorological Institute’s Ukkosvahti mobile application
5. Purpose of processing personal data The purpose of processing data is to invoice the service. The Ukkosvahti application shows a notification in the smartphone when thunderstorms are predicted to occur in the monitoring area set by the user.
6. Legal basis for the processing A contract (a subscribed service)
7. Data content of the register The application is used with a login ID provided by the Finnish Meteorological Institute after it has received the invoicing information. The login ID is connected to certain invoicing information that may contain personal data. The application generates a device-specific identifier for each device. The application does not know the user’s identity but it tracks the location of the device if the user allows, even when the app is closed or not in use. The user can stop using the application at any time by removing it from their phone. The user can also withdraw the consent to track the device's location at any time by changing the settings in the app.
8. Regular sources of information A subscriber of the service
9. Recipients or recipient groups of the personal data The Finnish Meteorological Institute’s employees whose duties require monitoring the use of the application.
10. The transfer of personal data outside the EU or EEA Personal data (invoicing data combined with a token code) will not be transferred outside the EU/EEA.
11. Register protection principles Persons employed by the Finnish Meteorological Institute whose duties require processing personal data have the right to process personal data. The data cannot be accessed by anyone, but it is stored behind user IDs and passwords.
12. Retention period and criteria for determining personal data The data is stored for as long as the subscription is valid and the invoices related to the subscription are paid.
13. The rights of a data subject Users have the right to know whether data concerning them may be stored in the system.
14. The right to submit a complaint to the supervisory authority The user has the right to submit a complaint to the supervisory authority if the user believes that the processing of the personal data concerning them is in violation of the applicable data protection legislation.