Finnish Meteorological Institute's mediabank privacy notice
General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 679/2016
1. Controller Finnish Meteorological Institute P.O. Box 503 (Erik Palménin aukio 1) FI-00101 Helsinki, Finland tel. +358 29 539 1000 email@example.com 2. Register contact person Jutta Tiilikainen firstname.lastname@example.org
3. Data Protection Officer Jaana Palmunoksa tel. +358 29 539 2310 email@example.com 4. Name of the register Photos of the activities and areas of responsibility of the Finnish Meteorological Institute and of the Institute’s adult employees and adult stakeholders.
5. Purposes for the processing of personal data Use of the photos in the Finnish Meteorological Institute’s or central government's communications. Identification of the persons appearing in the photos (metadata, captions, alt texts).
6. Legal basis for the processing The legal basis for the processing is the controller’s statutory obligation, Act on the Openness of Government Activities (621/1999), section 3.
The persons appearing in the photos are requested to give the Finnish Meteorological Institute the right to use the photos in its public communications in such a way that the name of the persons in the photo can be published (captions, metadata of the photos and/or alt texts).
The storage time of stock photos is five years, except for photos taken for the purposes of archiving cultural heritage.
7. Data content of the register The name of the person appearing in the photo is recorded in connection with the photo and in the metadata of the image bank. The photographer’s name is recorded in the name of the photo or in the metadata. In connection with taking the photo, permission for the photo is requested from the person photographed. The person’s name and the date of the photo is recorded in the permission. The contact information may also be recorded. In addition, information on the situation related to the photo, such as the name of the event and the date, may be recorded.
8. Regular sources of information The persons photographed and their photos taken by the photographer.
9. Recipients or recipient groups of the personal data The name information of the person appearing in the photo can be seen by the persons who use the image bank. These persons are people working at the Finnish Meteorological Institute.
Open folders can be created to the image bank, for example, for the media or other stakeholders to use. The Communications group grants the right to use these folders and selects photos to them.
Mediasignal, the supplier of the image bank, is responsible for ensuring that the only people processing the personal data on their behalf are persons who have committed themselves to confidentiality of the data they process.
10. The transfer of personal data outside the EU or EEA No regular disclosures or transfers of data outside the EU or the EEA.
11. Register protection principles Mediasignal, the supplier of the image bank, protects the systems and communications used in the processing of personal data with appropriate data security solutions to ensure that the confidentiality, integrity and availability of the personal data is secured until the personal data has been deleted from the Supplier’s system in accordance with this agreement.
12. Retention period and criteria for determining personal data Stock photos are stored for five (5) years, except for photos that are stored for the purposes of archiving cultural heritage, which according to legislation can be stored permanently.
13. The rights of a data subject Requests must be submitted to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Right to access personal data
Right to rectification of data
Right to erasure of data
Right to restriction of processing
Right to object
Right to data portability
14. The right to submit a complaint to the supervisory authority The data subject has the right to submit a complaint to the supervisory authority if the data subjectconsiders that the processing of personal data concerning them is in breach of applicable data protection regulations.