Events and training courses privacy notice
The EU's General Data Protection Regulation (2016/679)
1. Controller Finnish Meteorological Institute P.O. Box 503 (Erik Palménin aukio 1) FI-00101 Helsinki, Finland tel. +358 29 539 2141 email@example.com
2. Register contact person hr.sihteerit(a)fmi.fi
3. Data protection officer Jaana Palmunoksa tel. +358 29 539 2310 firstname.lastname@example.org
4. Name of register The Finnish Meteorological Institute’s training course and event participant register
5. Purposes for processing personal data The personal data is used to manage training courses and events.
6. Legal basis for the processing The processing of the personal data is based on consent. Participants are required to provide the personal data that are specified in this notice to participate in training courses and events.
7. Data content of the register The following personal data is collected to the register: - first and last name - title - organisation - country - email address - phone number - address - other possible information related to the event and person, e.g. dietary restrictions
8. Regular sources of information Notice submitted by the data subject or the contact person of an organisation.
9. Recipients or recipient groups of the personal data The data is collected primarily to the Finnish Meteorological Institute’s register. Registrations are also collected using digital services. The system that is used is specified in connection with the registration. The data in the register is processed only by the persons of the Finnish Meteorological Institute whose work duties require them to do so. The personnel of the service provider of the Finnish Meteorological Institute also have access to the personal data. A service provider is a processor in accordance with the Data Protection Regulation who must comply with the Finnish Meteorological Institute’s instructions on how they may process the personal data. The Finnish Meteorological Institute may disclose the personal data to its partners in connection with the arrangement of training courses and events.
10. The transfer of personal data outside the EU or EEA The data is not transferred outside the EU or EEA.
11. Register protection principles The data is stored by using digital security measures. The Finnish Meteorological Institute’s systems are protected with passwords and a firewall. Only the persons who are required by their work duties and who have been granted access to the Finnish Meteorological Institute's systems have access to the personal data in the participant register.
12. The storage period or the criteria for determining the personal data The personal data is stored for the duration required for the Finnish Meteorological Institute to fulfil the processing purposes that have been described in this notice. The data is removed from the register in accordance with the instructions issued by the Finnish Meteorological Institute.
13. The rights of a data subject The data subject has the right to receive information from the Finnish Meteorological Institute on the personal data concerning the data subject that the Finnish Meteorological Institute is processing and for what purpose the data is being gathered. The data subject also has the right to correct their personal data, restrict the processing and the right to object to the processing.
14. The right to submit a complaint to the supervisory authority The data subject has the right to submit a complaint to the supervisory authority if the data subject believes that the processing of any personal data concerning them is in violation of the applicable data protection legislation.
15. Other information The service provider can be e.g. Webropol or Lyyti. A service provider is a processor in accordance with the Data Protection Regulation who must comply with the Finnish Meteorological Institute’s instructions on how they may process the personal data. If the training course or event is to be arranged at the facilities of Dynamicum in Kumpula, the participant must sign in with the Finnish Meteorological Institute’s guest sign in system to be granted a visitor card. See the separate privacy notice.