Warnings for the next 24h

Updated 27.9.2016 21:02 local time

Warnings for sea areas

Northern Baltic and Sea of Bothnia: South to southwest gale 17 m/s from the early morning on. Western Gulf of Finland, Sea of Åland and Sea of Archipelago: South to southwest near gale 15 m/s from the early morning on. The Quark and Bay of Bothnia: South to southeast near gale 15 m/s from the early morning on. Strong wind advisory: Eastern Gulf of Finland and Lake Saimaa: South wind 12 m/s in the morning.

Wave height warning: Rough waves occur in Northern Baltic, Sea of Åland and Gulf of Bothnia in the morning. Significant wave height exceeds 2.5 meters.

Warnings for land areas

Wind warning for land areas: In the western part of the country, province North Ostrobothnia except in the municipalities of Pudasjärvi, Taivalkoski and Kuusamo and in the municipality of Enontekiö in the morning, strong winds from south may bring strong gusts of 15 m/s. A forest fire warning is in force in provinces Åland, Varsinais-Suomi and Pirkanmaa.

Early warnings for the next 2–5 days

Updated 27.9.2016 21:03 local time

Early warnings for sea areas

In Eastern Gulf of Finland and Bay of Bothnia on Wednesday and Thursday, probability for south to southeast gale-force winds is 60%. In Gulf of Finland, Northern Baltic, Sea of Åland, Sea of Archipelago and Gulf of Bothnia on Thursday, Friday and Saturday, probability for southwest gale-force winds is 40%.

On Friday, probability for very rough waves is 20% in Northern Baltic. The significant wave height may exceed 4 meters. On Thursday and Friday, probability for rough waves is 60% in Gulf of Finland and Sea of Bothnia. The significant wave height may exceed 2.5 meters.

Early warnings for land areas

In over the whole country on Thursday and Friday, probability for strong winds from south is 40%. Wind gusts can exceed 15 m/s.

Related links

Finnish Environment Institute (SYKE)

Finnish Transport Agency

www.ilmanlaatu.fi

University of Turku

Meteoalarm

STUK - Radiation and Nuclear Safety Authority