Personal Data Act (523/1999) section 10
Finnish Meteorological Institute
Street address: Erik Palménin aukio 1
Mail address: P.O. BOX 03, 00101 Helsinki
Tel. 029 539 1000
2. The person in charge and/or contact person
Chief editor web-services
3. Name of the register
Press releases e-mail subscription service.
4. The purpose for processing the personal data / the purpose for the use of a register
Sending FMI press releases via e-mail to service subscribers.
5. Content of the register
Information supplied by the subcriber: e-mail address.
6. Regular sources of information
Only the information supplied by the subcribers.
7. Regular destinations of disclosed data and whether the data is transferred to countries outside the the European Union or the European Economic Area
Any information will not be disclosed outside Finnish Meteorological Institute nor outside EU or EEA.
8. The principles how the data file/register is secured
Access rights are given only to those who need the information when completing their duties. A user id and password is required.
9. Right to get to know one’s own information registered
Everyone has usually the right to get to know what information is registered about himher/herself. This is for correcting errors. The information shall be given free of charge once in a year (12 months). The request must be made in writing and it must be signed. The request may also be presented personally to the contact person.
The contact person is Tuija Vuorinen, Finnish Meteorological Institution, Street address: Erik Palménin aukio 1, mail address: P.O. BOX 03, 00101 Helsinki.
10. Correcting errors
Everyone has the right to demand false information to be corrected. The request must be made via e-mail and with a sufficient information about what exactly has to be corrected. Send e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
11. Deleting information
Everyone has the right to demand deleting his/her own information registered. Kindly send the request to the email address to email@example.com.