CV Adriaan Hendrik Perrels
Title Research Professor
Postal address Finnish Meteorological Institute, P.O. Box 503, FIN 00101 Helsinki
Street address Erik Palménin Aukio 1, FI-00560 HELSINKI
Phone number +358 50 5838575
Fax +358 (0) 29 539 3503
Fields of expertise
- Cost-benefit analysis of weather and climate services
- Evaluation of climate change impacts
- Evaluation of adaptation strategies and measures
- Socio-economic scenario development
- Weather and climate in transport
- Urban planning and climate change
University and other degrees
- Drs. (=M.Sc.) Economics Free University Amsterdam, 1985, with special reference to regional and urban economics, as well as energy economics.
- Ph.D. (dr.) Economics, Free University Amsterdam, 1992, subject: strategic planning of electricity systems and the development of a time-of-day demand model.
- Docent, University of East Finland (Joensuu), Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, section Law and Economics, as of 2003
Previous professional appointments
- Free University Amsterdam (VUA), Faculty of Economics, dept. of spatial and transport economics, Amsterdam, junior researcher energy and transport studies, 1985–1987.
- Free University Amsterdam (VUA), Faculty of Economics, dept. of spatial and transport economics, Amsterdam, researcher energy and transport studies / PhD, 1987–1991.
- Netherlands Energy Research Centre (ECN) – department of Policy Studies, Petten, The Netherlands, senior researcher Lifestyle and Energy studies, 1992–1998
- The Netherlands Organisation for Applied Scientific Research TNO, Institute for Infrastructure Research INRO*, Delft, The Netherlands, Senior advisor and programme co-ordinator for Economics and Infrastructure, 1998–1999. *) now part of TNO Built Environment and Geosciences
- VATT Institute for Economic Research, Helsinki, senior researcher – energy and climate studies, 1999–2001
- VATT Institute for Economic Research, Helsinki, principal economist – energy, climate, transport and environment studies, 2001–2009
Other professional activities
- Editorial board member of Journal of Climate Services (Elsevier) since 2015
- Editorial board member of Energy Efficiency (Springer Science publishers) since 2008
- Board member of the Finnish Association of Energy Economists (Suomen Energiaekonomistit) (chapter of the International Association of Energy Economics IAEE): 2007–2011 and since November 2013 (chair)
- Member of the research evaluation committee of a Finnish foundation for research funding (Nessling): 2009–2015
- Leader of the task team social-economic benefits of weather services (TT-SEB), as part of the WMO European Region (RA_VI) Working Group on Service Delivery and Partnership
List of publications