CV Tuija Ruoho-Airola
Title Senior Research Scientist
Postal address PL 503, FI-00101 Helsinki
Street address Erik Palménin aukio 1, FI-00560 Helsinki
Phone number +358(0) 29 539 3147, mobile + 358 50 347 1773
Fields of expertise
- Dr. Tuija Ruoho-Airola has worked as a research scientist at the Finnish Meteorological Institute since 1972. Her expertise is on environmental change, air quality and atmospheric deposition; particularly evaluation of atmospheric input to the Baltic Sea and development of background air quality. Her M. Sc thesis (1975) dealt with the use of the chemiluminesence reactions in air quality studies. Her doctor's thesis (2004) dealt with the temporal and regional patterns of atmospheric components affecting acidification in Finland. Dr. Ruoho-Airola is the author of over 100 scientific publications; 21 of these in refereed international journals. She has given over 30 lectures and presentations at scientific conferences.
- BONUS+ ECOSUPPORT, 2009-2011, PI
- HELCOM MONAS Working group, 2000-2014. HELCOM PRESSURE 2014-
- HELCOM EUTRO -project, 2006-2008.
- HELCOM LOAD Working group and PLC-5 and PLC-6 Projects, 2012-.
- UN/ECE LRTAP ICP IM, 1988-
- Lammi Long Term Ecological Research (LTER), 2006-
- Life+ VACCIA WP 8, 2010-2011
- The Strategic Centre for Science, Technology and Innovation for Energy and Environment, CLEEN Ltd Research Program Measurement, Monitoring and Environmental Assessment (MMEA) WP4 Particles and Emissions, 2009-2011.
- Assessment of the background air quality in Finland in various publications, e.g. reports of the FMI, the Finnish National Air Quality Portal, the Statistical Year Book of Forestry and the Finnish Environment journal, 1994-.
- AMAP Assessment: Acidifying Pollutants, Arctic Haze, and Acidification in the Arctic, 2004-2006.
- ECE/LRTAP/EMEP 1980-2000 Assessment, 2002-2004.
University and other degrees
- MSc., Chemistry, Helsinki University, 1975.
- Dr. Sc., Environmental Change and Policy, Helsinki University, 2004
- Adjunct Professor (Docent), Environmental Change, University of Helsinki, 2012.
Previous professional appointments
- Academy of Finland – research assistant 1970-1972, Finnish Meteorological Institute - research scientist 1972-83 – senior research scientist 1983-
List of publications